We’re Brookson, market leading accountants. You might know us as one of Warrington’s biggest employers. Or perhaps you recognise the Brookson name from our sponsorship of Warrington Wolves, or the fundraising work we do for St Roccos. But get to know us and you’ll be pleasantly surprised, you see, great things are happening at Brookson.
Our Accountancy Services department is expanding and we are looking for an ambitious part-qualified accountant to join the team. As a Semi-Senior Accountant you will be responsible for producing accurate company accounts, tax returns and dealing with general queries for our limited company customers in line with business procedures and statutory requirements.
What you will do
• Deal with day to day queries for your portfolio of customers in relation to cash-flow, accounts treatment, company tax advice, personal tax advice, VAT and PAYE
• Provide a pro-active service to customers utilising relevant MI to ensure that they are constantly informed and have full visibility of all areas of their accounts
• Prepare statutory and non-statutory accounts. This will include manual preparation of accounts and supporting tax computations for customers requiring year end and cessation accounts.
• Assist in the preparation of Self-Assessment Tax returns.
• Manage portfolios to ensure Service Level Agreements are achieved.
The ideal candidate will have
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an Accountancy practice
• AAT L4 qualified/working towards it or qualified by experience
• Excellent organisational and time management skills, adhering to filing deadlines
• Experience of working within a fast paced KPI environment
What Brookson look for
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong communication and written skills
• Strong customer focused attitude
• Team spirited
What Brookson can offer you
• Annual bonus/performance bonus
• 5% employer pension contribution
• Minimum 23 days’ annual leave
• Birthday off
• Study Support
• Structured Training
• Free parking
• Employee Discount Scheme