As a Legal Advisor you will assist the Solicitors in undertaking Legal Reviews on behalf of Brookson Group Customers and provide legal advice as required. This will include providing advice and assistance in relation to Employment Law, Commercial Law, IR35 Compliance, GDPR and the Agency Worker Regulations.
You will work within Brookson Legal Services and report to the Legal Team Leader.
You will have contact with all other departments of Brookson, customers, Recruitment Agencies, Government bodies, regulating organisations and end clients via telephone and email.
What you will do
- Undertake commercial reviews of new contracts and pre-agreed contracts;
- Undertake reviews of information supplied by Recruitment Agencies to ensure compliance with the Agency Worker Regulations;
- Carry out Anti-Money Laundering checks on customers as required to ensure full compliance with the law relating to AML and the ICAEW and Law Society requirements;
- Undertake IR35 and commercial reviews and negotiations on behalf of customers;
- Discuss legal queries with customers in order to determine if we can assist or if a matter should be referred to a business partner;
- Deal with all instructions received by Brookson Legal Services;
- Draft contracts for services for Limited Company customers in accordance with instructions from the customer;
- Ensure that relevant letters and terms of business are sent to customers in respect of all instructions received;
- Ensure that all systems used within the Legal Team and all other records are kept up to date with accurate information in relation to the work undertaken;
- Ensure that KPIs are understood and are met consistently;
- Promptly respond to queries arising from the Legal Advice Line;
- Any other duties that are deemed necessary to support the business
The ideal candidate will have
- Ability to manage own workload within designated timescales;
- Competent in the use of spreadsheets, databases, word documents and outlook email.
- Experience of dealing with clients over the telephone and by email
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (ideally in Law).
What Brookson can offer
- Annual bonus/performance bonus
- 5% employer pension contribution
- 23 days’ annual leave
- Birthday day off
- Buy/Sell Holiday scheme
- Health Cover
- Life Assurance
- Structured Training
- Free parking
- Employee Discount Scheme